HIGHER JUDICIAL INSTITUTE
Overview Of government agency and what it does i.e. key objectives and main activities of the agency.
The Higher Judicial Institute is located in Nizwa in Al Dakhiliya Governorate on the side of the Public Street (Muscat-Nizwa). It was established by the Royal Decree No. 35/2010. It is specialized for qualifying and training profession competencies in the judicial and legal fields. The Institute also has several facilities such as (library, computer lab, conference hall, teaching and training rooms and moot court).
The Institute has a number of faculty and training staff with high qualifications and experiences. The Institute also draws on judges, members of Public Prosecution and others with experience and competence in teaching and training.
To be the best place for judicial and legal education and training at the highest levels of proficiency.
To educate and train various judicial and legal cadres using the latest scientific and technical methods in line with the continuous development and scientific and research updates.
- Training the assistant judges and prosecutors and qualifying them scientifically and practically in judiciary and public prosecution.
- Working on developing the scientific and practical level for the judges, members of the Administrative Court and members of Public Prosecutors.
- Training the judicial agents and the like and the employees of Public Prosecutors.
- Training the legal employees who works at Administrative Apparatus of the State and Omani lawyers.
- Developing the scientific research and its consolidation in the branches of Sharia, law and judiciary. In order to achieve this, the Institute has the right to publish the researches, studies and seminars in the mentioned magazines.
- Collecting and preserving the studies, researches, the legitimacy and judicial provisions and principles as well as preparing a database for legitimacy and judicial information.
- Academic Programs (Graduate Diploma in Judicial Sciences)
An academic program that the Institute offers for requirements of the study and qualification as per the certified studying plan.
- Training Programs (Continuous Training)
On the job training are programs for judges, members of Public Prosecution and their assistants, legal persons working at the State’s Administrative Apparatus and Omani lawyers. The training divided into two parts:
- Specialized Training.
- Training the Judicial Agents.